"Zimbabwe could be plunged into darkness and thousands of people could die due to the collapse of a 'great wall' if authorities do not move with speed to avert the looming calamity, United Family International Church (UFIC) founder Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa has said," My Zimbabwe News crew wrote on 4 January 2013 white referring to Prophet Makandiwa's series of prophecies that he delivered at the eve of 31 December 2012 - 1 January 2013 in Harare.
Zimbabweans have resorted to spiritual matters as election date draws much nearer. While there have been claims that Prophet TB Joshua recently prophesied Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai's victory, another public prophecy, known by almost everyone who cared to know, has been revisited.
According to a prayer warrior and United International Family church member, who requested anonymity citing political and reasons, Prophet Makandiwa speaks in riddles when giving political prophecies or sensitive prophecies.
"I was at our Chitungwiza church on new year's eve when he gave the prophecy. He told us to write everything down because he said everything that he was going to mention on that day was going to happen before the end of the year. Much of his prophecies on the day didn't make sense until Margaret Thatcher died," he said.
The UFI member explained to My Zimbabwe News crew the meaning of Prophet Makandiwa's prophecy regarding first British Female Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher who died on 8 April 2012 in UK.
This is exactly what Makandiwa said at the beginning of the year while foretelling Margaret Thather's death, who was also popularly known as The Iron Lady.
"I saw tears on the snow, and I saw a woman's garment, very old garment, and it was coming down. When it was down here it then turned into a flag, then I saw tears on the snow. Lets pray for other countries!"
Prophet Makandiwa's follower claimed the meaning of the prophecy was as follows:
* I saw tears on the snow: Prophet Makandiwa wanted people to know that this prophecy is about death in a country where temperatures are cold.
* And I saw a woman's garment: He is revealing that the prophecy is talking about a female someone.
* Very old garment, and it was coming down: He is emphasising that the woman is old. Thather died at the age of 87. By coming down, he meant the death was not sudden, but people were meant to expect it.
*When it was down it then turned into a flag: She had left politics and had become an ordinary person. Some UK citizens even protested why she received State burial when she was not a Prime Minister anymore. So this prophecy was revealing that the person's burial would be made a State event.
The UFIC member then guided My Zimbabwe News crew on the second part of the prophecy.
This is exactly what Prophet Makandiwa said while speaking about a great wall falling down.
"I saw something again. I saw a WALL crying, and the authorities will need to intervene. I saw thousands dying and thousands in darkness. If a Prophet sees it and it happens but never says it he is in trouble."
* A wall was crying, and the authorities will need to intervene: The term wall was not referring to a literal wall, but to the leadership of the country. Just like after 2008 elections, senior members of Zanu PF played a significant role so that the GNU could be forged, after spending 6 weeks without announcing election results. By authorities intervening, I'm sure he was referring to SADC, AU and western countries who will have to play a pivotal role to ensure the winning party takes control.
* I saw thousands dying and thousands in darkness: The prophet was simply revealing that MDC will win the elections and the old wall will have to pave way for something new. But members of the old wall's party will turn violent, therefore thousands of people will die. After thousands of people have died, surely there is darkness and turmoil in the country.
Makandiwa went on to say a new Harare will come in place of the old Harare.
"I saw this Harare expiring and I saw another city coming up. Much more beautiful. Like a garden. I saw the plan papers, whether there are there already or not, I can't say but the spirit will lead me to anyway. Most of you who are here are going to be buying houses there"
And the UFI member explained it as follows:
* I saw this Harare expiring and I saw another city coming up: If he had said he saw another Zimbabwe coming up people would easily know that he was saying there shall be a new ruling party. So, just like what other prophets in the bible would do when giving certain confidential prophecies, he spoke in riddles, for those guided by the holy spirit to understand.
* Much more beautiful. Like a garden: He meant that the new government would make the nation a much better country.
* I saw the plan papers, whether there are there already or not: He was only revealing that the Holy Spirit has already shown him what God has planned for Zimbabwe under the new leadership.
* Most of you who are here are going to be buying houses there: He really didn't mean houses per se, but that people will afford a better life, and I assume that he also meant that people who are in Zimbabwe would see no need of seeking greener pastures outside the country.
Prophet Makandiwa ended his prophecy by revealing that there shall be lot's of money in the country, and that teachers and civil servants shall have a much better life.
"I see the Lord intervening for you at the borders, duties will be slashed down, I see a certain system dying, business shall be easy to do, Making money shall be easy, and you shall be able to glorify God and worship him with substance," he said.
Then a week before Margaret Thather's death, Prophet Makandiwa reminded his congregation about his prophecies before assuring civil servants that their lives shall become splendid once more.
"There is a wiping away of tears on civil servants. People have been saying a lot of things about you . . . undermining you. Teachers are going to regain their positions. You are going to be significant again,"MyZimbabwe.